Friday, March 6, 2009

Recycle Me!


This project was to turn a plain black Rubbermaid garbage can into a nice looking recyling can.



The reason for this creation was to encourage a friend to put it into their apartment in the hopes that they might recyle their many cans. She loves pink, and black is one of the main colours in her apartment decor.


One reason for encouraging the use of this nicely designed recycling can is so that they can take part of the "Go Green" movement. This should satisfy Willetta a tad. The other reason is to help me support our International student's rugby team. They are currently fundraising some money for their new rugby uniforms. One of the fundraising activities is collecting soda cans and trading them in for some money. I promised my friend that if she would start collecting her cans I would take the cans weekly from her place. We'll see how this goes. I'll be sure to update how she does!








2 comments:

Martin and Wieska said...

great idea!

Willetta Les said...

i LOVE it!!! Tanya will love it, lets hope she uses it faithfully - I'll be so proud of her!

- and think that I'll copy the idea... so cool :)