Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Don't Like Needles!

Cayden finally made it to his 18 months health check-up and vaccinations. Only two and a half years behind. On Monday I thought I'd see how Cayden would react to having his shots so I kind of teased him by telling him that he was going to get a needle. Instant tears. I guess that wasn't very nice of me. First came the weigh-in. A whopping 35 lbs.
Then came the first needle. A little moan, but no tears.
Then came the second needle. Not such a quiet moan. This time full out wailing. Poor little guy. I quickly took the picture, then soothed.


Not long later, two Hotwheels stickers in hand, tears wiped dry, we were on our way home.

This picture was taken when Cayden was just 6 weeks old. I remember Cheryl's surprise when I asked for a picture to be taken while Cayden had his first shots. I guess I was the first person that she came across with this request. I didn't find it that strange considering I am a scrapbooker and like to keep these memories of first's alive.







4 comments:

Martin and Wieska said...

awwww!!! he's so cute! love these pics - especially the one of him on the scale :)

Cathy Noordegraaf said...

hey, michelle, love your blog!
been tempted to start one too, but then that means I would spend even MORE time on the computer......which may not necessarily be a good thing! lol
enjoy your day!

Michelle Vandepol said...

these pics are great for scrapbooking -- even the owies memories are game, eh? :)

Heather of the EO said...

We do want to remember it all, right? You're a true scrapbooker, indeed :)

What an adorable little guy you have.