Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Just Like Tigger

I could not imagine what life would be like if I needed to bounce all day.  I mean, we all know that Tigger was born to bounce. Remember the story where all his forest friends got mad at him and he wasn’t allowed to bounce?  It was hard on poor Tigger. He wasn’t his happy self. A piece of his personality was taken away.  But was my dear son Cayden also born to bounce?   

We sit down to a nice dinner, lovingly cooked by yours truly.  We anticipate quiet chatter about the day.  Instead, we have Cayden, standing beside his chair, bouncing between chews.  Were trying to work on his school memory verses.  After each word he repeats, he bounces.  We sit at the table to play a nice board game.  Every time he’s not making a move, he stands beside his chair and bounces.

Maybe this is a sign that he’s going to be a great basketball player. Or maybe a track and field high jump super-star.  I’m not really sure.  At times it is incredibly annoying. At times is just plain funny.  And at other times it takes me back down memory lane. When life was only fun and there was nothing to worry about. I could only show excitement at everything just like him.  Everything in life was just so wonderful. So why not show enthusiasm and just bounce?

Most times I’m OK with all the bouncing. But sometimes, I just want peace.  I try not to complain to much because I know that as each day passes, the bouncing is likely to subside.  It will one day only be a memory.  A memory of a very happy little boy who really shows his excitement by bouncing it out.

2009-Winter 221

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

signature[2][3]

2 comments:

Michelle Vandepol said...

yeah, it will definitely subside... near puberty ;)
worth it tho -- better than having a melancholy, depressed kid
i have three (one now a little less ;)bouncers. so i feel both your pain and your amusement

Lora said...

hmmm. Yep. Levi is the same way! And sometimes I get soooo annoyed when he is loud and bouncy...and I have to tell myself that he is a kid and SHOULD be doing those things!!!!!!
It reminds me to have fun and remember what is important!