Thursday, September 17, 2009

To Go, Or Not To Go

The Big Kindergarten decision

waveheaderround

The decision to send Cayden to school was not a quick one.  I was on the fence whether it would be a good idea or not.  Cayden’s birthday is so late in the year that I wondered whether he might be too young to start school at such a young age.  I also felt a little sorry for his potential teacher.  Seeing as how his focus is really only on fun and games. 

We finally made the decision. Yes, he would go to Kindergarten.  Two times. This year and next.  I finally feel relief in my final decision.  One I went back and forth between for the past year. 

Once the decision was made, it was full board ahead.  Shopping for new school supplies, back-packs, lunch bags and shoes.  The shoes were his favourites.  I think the whole experience of getting ready for school was more exciting for me than it was for him.   We were counting down the sleeps together to the first day of school.  It finally came.  And guess what?  I wasn’t ready!

The morning of the first day of school was a whirlwind of activity.  Breakfast, making of lunches, getting out the new clothes, brushing teeth, combing hair and out the door.  Ooooopps!  An empty back-pack. Where were the school supplies?  They were still in the same bag we got them in from Staples a month ago!  They were supposed to get labelled with his name and make there way into the empty back-pack.  Ivan to the rescue.  While I was racing around finding the new shoes and my camera for first day of school pictures, Ivan nicely labelled all the new school supplies and into the back-pack they went.

Into the truck we all loaded.  Drop Ivan off first at Highroad. And make our way to MEI.  First day of school… and Cayden was late.  Not a good start I would say.  The whole idea of taking a ton of great photos of Cayden going to his first day of school was out the window.  I did manage to quickly snap one picture at least.

His first day was a success.  He loved “studying'” and singing “O Canada” in chapel.  I’m hoping he will continue to enjoy going to school. One can only wish.

2009 09 15_0346

signature[2]

1 comment:

Martin and Wieska said...

awww... he's looking so grown up! one of those "bitter-sweet" moments, i'm sure.