Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Afternoon Ramblings

So far, so good.  Cayden is loving school. So much in fact that he says he needs to go SIX days a week.  (He only gets to go 2 days one week, 3 the next). Wonder how long this enjoyment of school will last?  His one request is that he gets to wear his “comfy” pants to school.  Unfortunately for him, Wednesdays are mandatory “dress-pants” day. I have to say that I am a little jealous of his uniform. I wish that two days a week I get to wear sweats and a tee-shirt to work like he does.

The day was  amazing.  Who could believe that it’s actually fall. The sun and 30 degrees of temperature we enjoyed was fantastic.  It was so beautiful that it didn’t take a whole lot of arm bending for Cayden to convince me to take him out to the BMX track to enjoy the evening.

As usual Cayden gave me a whole lot to chuckle about.  Non-stop silly banter.  One of the funniest comments today was, “I’m so thirsty, I could eat a elephant!”  He quickly started laughing. I’m thinking he must have realized how silly that sounded.

We got to the track, he strapped on his helmet and off he rode. Every hill he went over, a giggle was sure to follow.  I enjoyed watching from the sidelines.  I cheered and caught up on reading some blogs on my Blackberry Storm.

One of the best things about school is that it actually wears Cayden out.  By the time we got home tonight, bath time complete, and story read, he was so ready to sleep that it took only one minute for him to fall asleep. Much better than the usual hour or two.

2009 09 01_0053

These pictures are actually from the BMX track in my neighbourhood.  Thanks to Carmen, we finally did find it at the far East end of Riverside Drive.  We spent many afternoons here this summer.

2009 09 01_0050

Just bring a shovel along with you and could make your own jumps, big or small.  I think kids have just as much fun making new jumps as they do taking them.

2009 09 01_0045

No comments: