Friday, September 25, 2009

A Step Back In Time

Library Day

I was reminded the other day of one of my favourite memories when I started school. My first trip to the school library.  Where I got to choose a favourite  story to take home to read.

The other day, Cayden has his very own “Library Day.”  It was the first one of many he will experience.  I wonder if he will remember it years from now like I do.

I know he was very excited to bring home two new books to read with me.  He held them up high and shouted, “Hot Wheels! Beat That!!!”  I’m still not sure where that line comes from.  It is one I hear every time he sees a Hot Wheel race car or picture. He shouts  “Hot Wheels! Beat That!”  at the top of his lungs. 

We’ve already read through each of them a few times over.  Hopefully when it’s time to get new books out of the library next week he doesn’t choose to re-new them.  There are only so many times I like to read through the same story and 7 nights in a row will have been more than enough!

hot-wheels

signature[2]

No comments: