Thursday, April 23, 2009

Go Tsunamis Go!

Alright! It's that time of year again. Soccer time. I have waited patiently for ten months to play in my second season of spring soccer. It was well worth the wait. Last year was my first year of playing soccer in twelve years! Yeah, I know. Makes me sound a little old, right? I was a little nervous that I might have lost any skill I might have had, but after a few games found my game once again. We went all the way to the finals and lost by one goal against an amazingly talented group of women. "The Whites". They didn't lose a single game all year and wow did we give them a fight.

This season we are already two games into the season. We currently have a 2-0 record. The best part of it all is that our goalie, Jan, just had a baby 3 weeks ago and is already kicking butt in goal. Another amazing thing about Jan is that last season she played for us as well, while undergoing cancer treatments. She is our teams inspiration for sure.

I have started this season as out of shape as I started last season. With a huff and a puff I manage to still make it up and down the field. I'm sure that in another few games I'll be wheezing a whole lot less. At least I'm hoping so.

The girl in red is Jan. Just three weeks post baby delivering
Our new Jerseys look great. We almost look professional.

Sonya, our ultra serious team leader. She loves to yell, then apologize for it after. LOL.

Coach Dwayne. It's great to have him on the sidelines encouraging us.



2 comments:

Willetta Les said...

go, girls!! whohoo, Jan, you're amazing!

Michelle Vandepol said...

it was great playing you guys the other day :) have a great season