Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I’m Thankful For…

Last year around this time, children of all ages were videoed announcing what they were thankful for.  The completed video was then presented on the Big Screen at church.  We all ‘awwwwed’ as one by one we heard children say they were thankful for: mommy’s, daddy’s, God, food, shelter, Sunday School and many other important things that we all have been blessed with.

Then came a blast of thanks from a little 3 year old who when asked what he was thankful for.  His quick  response  was, “Dinosouars!”. 

DinosaursRef

Everyone laughed. I felt some shame as I thought to myself, “Haven’t I taught him what is important to be thankful for, and what is not?” Of course, our son Cayden, would be the little clown.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in Canada.  As I was settling Cayden into bed, I’d thought I’d see what he was thankful for this year.  Hoping of course that I’d hear something like, “mommy or daddy or God.  Instead, his quick response was, “Hot wheels!”

_Hot-Wheels-Designer-Challenge

I guess  we are really going to have to work on this for next year.  I’m really hoping that I’ll get a better response than that he is grateful his newest favourite toy at the time!

signature[2]

3 comments:

Lora said...

too funny! you are not alone though. In front of church a couple of years ago, Levi was asked what he is thankful for and he said Herbie cars.
Yah, I was like...oh no, can't you say something that makes it actually look like we are showing and teaching you what thankfullness is????? kids will be kids!

lora said...

oh, and the muffin thing......I would have bursted a button as well.
I LOVE muffins. Anyone touches my muffins....and you will get it. Tell your dad to try the muffins at Java Hut...amazing!

Marg said...

Keep preaching the word my friend...
You might not even ask next year.
Go ready what Judy's grandkids responded on Thanksgiving day...
Something like, "I don't like the food...but we really like the people here"
I love that age of kids...I got those little ones here right now.
You know what my posts will be next week.