Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can I Say, Yawn?

 bored-baby-2

Ok, so I don’t usually like the word ‘bored’.  But that is exactly what I felt last night as I sat through session # 1 of the Safe Babies program that I am enlisted in.  I can’t believe that I have 7 more of them to sit through!  I was even tempted to surf the net on my Blackberry phone, under the table, to help the time pass by.  Now that’s desperate!

I signed up for the Safe Babies Program partly because it is necessary for the adoption process and partly for brownie points.  Every little extra training we take helps us with the possibility of getting a little addition to our family a tad bit sooner.  It’s like getting extracurricular points while in High School.

Prior to the start of the course, I had anticipated that I would actually learn some valuable tools and information.  Unfortunately this was far from the truth.  So far, I have learned such things as, tummy time, SIDS, H1N1 and formula.  So, where’s the new information? 

I will go back for more tomorrow.  Hopefully with a good attitude.  And hopefully for some new and important information.  Here’s to the next 7 sessions!

signature[2]

No comments: