Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Peyton Found Her Thumb!

I am a “thumb sucker” snob.  I know it is a strong statement to make but I am a firm believer that a soother is a better alternative to a thumb sucker.  I like the concept that a soother can be taken away when a child reaches a certain age, but the thumb is a different story. 

IMG_0639

You can imagine what I felt when I looked down at Peyton, only to find a thumb in her mouth!  First came horror.  Then came a sigh.  Followed by, “Oh my goodness!  How precious.  Just look at her sucking her thumb.”  Yep. Those were my the words that came out of my mouth.

After all the ‘oohing and awwing’, I took Peyton’s thumb out of her mouth and quickly replaced it with her soother.  I’m sure I will have to do this many more times, as it does seem she prefers her thumb.  But, I’m still the “thumb sucker” snob and will persist.

2 comments:

Marian said...

Awwww Michelle! But it's SO cute!!
(don't worry, my 3 kids were all soother kids...and I bought my supply for baby #4 only 2 days ago!)
But the thumb sucker is so cute!

Ashley said...

Thumb sucking is cute for about 45 seconds and then the reality of it's consequence sets in. We too are anti-thumb, for more than just taking it away. The germs that live on your hands, especially once you start crawling are gross! We didn't want that in our kids mouths so in went the soother.

But such a cute photo!