Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our Singing Salesman

To our surprise, Peyton and I enjoyed our very own personal serenade.  We were at a local furniture store, testing out some new seating, when the salesman came over.  Even before I could tell him what we were in search for, he burst out in song.

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.
Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

rainbow pic 2

Peyton’s eyes opened wide.  My jaw dropped in amazement.  We stood there in awe, listening to his wonderful voice.  If I wasn’t in a  rush to pick-up Cayden at school, I would have been tempted to sit there all afternoon, listening to him sing. 

I look forward to my next visit to the store to enjoy another serenade. 

signature[2]

2 comments:

Marian said...

Do tell us where!!!

Willetta said...

lol... i hadn't read this one, had to find it - too funny!