Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our Big Day in Vancouver

olympic-rings-cool2

I don’t know when exactly it hit me that I had better make plans to head into Vancouver to capture some of the Olympic fever. But I’m so glad I did.  I listened to all the stories of how busy it was. How long the line-ups would be.  But, WOW. Tuesday was a perfect day to play sightseer.

Jeremy, Cayden and I headed out to catch the Sky Train in Surrey fairly early in the day.  That was probably my first great decision of the day.  We caught the Rail early enough to all get a seat for the long ride in.

We didn’t really have a lot planned.  This was a very good thing.  That way we wouldn’t go home disappointed by what we  didn’t get to see.  The benefit of my personality type is that we are very good at ‘winging it’.  Something that my husband is not so good at.  But he was a trooper and let me ‘wing it’ all day with not a complaint.

We got off at Science World, and were almost immediately faced with probably the longest line-up I have ever seen in my life.  The Russian Pavilion.  It must have been something to see.  We carried on and followed our nose through the day. Moving from one neat sight to see, to the next. 

I was so impressed by our little boy, Cayden.  He walked right along side us and never complained.  We did of course have to stop from time to time for a ‘special treat’ to keep him moving along.  I loved watching his excitement at all the things we seen.  I was even especially surprised when we were heading down to see the Cauldron.  As soon as it came in sight he shouted, “That’s the thingy they put on fire on TV that I saw!!”

I was wondering how the heck he even new about the Lighting of the Cauldron.  He told me all about how he watched on TV as his friend Josh’s house.  His eyes were filled with joy as he got to see it ‘for real.’ 

When people as what we did when we went to see the Olympic celebrations in Vancouver, I could only say that we really didn’t do anything specific, but we did see allot.  And it was really, really, really worth the trip. 

One thing  I did learn is that Canadians Rock! At least most of us. We are so polite. We know how to have a good time.  We love our Country.  I AM CANADIAN.

DSC02655

DSC02654

DSC02664

DSC02671

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC02657

DSC02661

2010%20Olympics

signature[2][3]

3 comments:

Lora said...

glad that you had such a great time!
I love your pictures.

Marg said...

I'm glad that you took him to our wonderful city. Those will be memories he won't forget.
I love how he noticed that "thingy" from the TV. One day Levi came by and said, "Oma, You have the Olympic Flag with those rings."
Amazing how they notice things.
Now it's back to work for me.

Carmen Born said...

love the pictures Michelle! We managed to make it too Vancouver to feel the olympic spirit too! We were in Chwk last week to visit. Hope you guys are doing well!

Carmen