Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I’m Praying For Your Pictures Mommy!

I really cannot believe that it has been over two months since I’ve written.  On most days I thought to myself, “I really have to write about….”  But, due to a fairly steady flow of technical computer difficulties, I could only think to myself, “I really have to write about….”

At one point, in the flow of technical difficulties, I had quite a scare.  One that revolves around believing that every photo one has, has disappeared into cyberspace.  Seriously. 

I was already struggling with cleaning up my desktop computer and was trying to get everything back in order.  My in-house techie decided that he should re-format my computer.  So, being as computer naive as I am, I told him to go ahead and do what was needed to finally get back in computer action.

A few minutes later, he comes out my office and asks, “where did you back-up your photos” ?    WHAT? BACK-UP MY PHOTOS?  No, I didn’t do any such thing! 

Cayden, who was already in bed but not asleep, must have sensed my on-coming stress attack at the thought of losing all my photos.  Everything from the past five years. ALL MY PHOTOS.  I guess he must have seen me bang my head on his bedroom door frame and heard my moan as I banged my head a second time. Because, from his bed  he shouts out, “TRUST IN GOD!”.  Then follows up with, “I’M PRAYING FOR YOUR PICTURES MOMMY!”

Although I was still spiraling downward at the thought that all my photos were gone, I really had no choice but to grin.  Thankfully it was only a few minutes later that Ivan came to tell me, with relief on his face, that my photos had been found.

I quickly informed Cayden that his “praying my pictures” had worked.  I have since gotten wise and have purchased an external hard-drive to ensure my pictures are safe.  I never want to experience that feeling again.

 

camera%20clipart

signature[2][3]

2 comments:

Michelle Vandepol said...

seriously, i'm laughing with tears in my eyes. so adorable (and helpful) to have the kids bring us back to what we know but temporarily forget sometimes when faced with grown-up stress. you're doing a great job of that mothering thing :)
BTW, thanks for the comments on the chalkboard houses. the home sweet home one is still available on 2 thrifty chicks shopping co. (FB group) at a super cheap $2 -- want me to set it aside for you?

Martin and Wieska said...

yay! you're back! missed reading your posts. it was nice to see you the other night... and this was a super cute post! You have such a great little guy!