Friday, July 10, 2009

The Three Amigos

This week I learned one important thing. When you have two extra kids for a sleep-over be prepared to give yourself at least an extra 1/2 hour in the morning if there is a time-line to keep! I think this is probably the first time ever that I have had to get more people than myself and Cayden up and out the door and off to work.

I thought I had given myself enough 'extra' time for the extra two children. Not so. It seems that just because Cayden and I have a routine of breaking Olympic records for morning preparations, not all children are up for the same challenge. It wasn't with-out a lot of 'hurry up, were going to be lates' before we finally got loaded up and on the road.

It was a fun time for Cayden to have his two little cousins over to play. Definitely not a lot of peace and quiet for me this afternoon. I have no complaints though. The sound of kids laughing, giggling and then arguing over a toy, is what makes children so fun to be around.

We won't have too many more opportunities for sleep-overs due to the Antolin family pulling up stakes in BC and moving to the Philippines to join there dad on the missions/resort endeavours. He left on his own this past May to get the resort started before the family joined him. You can read about their new and exiting venture at;
jovenantolin.blogspot.com.

Cayden chats with Nana while having some lunch. He invited himself to join them on their next camping venture.
Not too tough to get kids to eat their lunch when it's got this on it.

Jessica showing off her missing teeth. Look at those big eyes!
JJ says it was finger licken' good.




No comments: