Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Animals Are Too Loud!

It's about 10:30 pm and our dear little boy is still awake. He has come out of bed with a number of different requests through the evening to postpone the inevitable; falling asleep.
It's finally been about 20 minutes since his last appearance so I figured, "finally, he's gone to sleep." I go down to peek in on him, only to find him laying on his back, twirling some hair with his fingers.

I ask him why he's still awake. Thinking at this time the obvious answer would be that it is far too hot to sleep. (It's verrrry warm tonight!) But his response is this. "My animals are too loud so I can't fall asleep." What you need to know is that on this very hot night he has piled six stuffed animals into his bed to sleep with him!

So I said to him, "Why don't I take them out of your room so that you could sleep." He says, "No, they need to stay here, but I need to sleep somewhere else."

He didn't get his way and the house is finally quiet. His animals must have stopped "being too loud" because it wasn't too long after before he finally fell asleep.

No comments: