Saturday, January 24, 2015

Reliving November 2014


November 4 we celebrated Peyton's 4th birthday.  What a spunky little girl this 4 year old is.  She laughs at nearly everything.  Unless of course she isn't getting her way.  Then it's tears or her demanding little look.
 Peyton's favorite things and activities are fairly wide, which makes her even that more fun.  She loves to play with her Barbies.  And Ava too.  She is also good at being a great big sister to Ava.  The two are such a joy to watch together.  Peyton loves her dance and when the time is right will be perfect for a drama class.  This girl loves to be the center of attention for sure.  Since she is now 4, she has gained some new responsibility as well.  She gets to set the table at dinner and never complains.  Unlike her brothers that argue at every request.

Peyton is incredibly social.  And likes to line up her own sleepovers:)  And because she is confident and brave, she will walk right in to her friends with hardly a backward glance or even a wave.  This girl provides our family with such entertainment and we sure love her. 






My brother and I share our birthday and with my dad's being just a few days earlier and my older sisters being just a few weeks later, we love to celebrate together at The Capital.  Our favorite restaurant for sure.  The conversation around the table is always quite interesting. Sometimes we make people blush. But, we are a fairly open minded group and don't hold each other too accountable for poking fun at each other.

The ongoing birthday present saga did not let me down.  Frank is incredibly difficult to please.  A joke gift is never recieved well.  And neither is it ever forgotten.  Hence the Boxer shorts gift comes up every year!  So, I thought for sure this year I was doing OK.  A Tim Hortons gift card and a great big bag of Munchies for night time TV watching.  Before I even handed him his gift I said, "I don't want any complaints about the present I am giving you."

He opens it up, and no word of a lie this is what he says, " I don't drink Tim Hortons anymore and I like Ketchup chips."  Oh my was I ever mad!  But... I considered the source and said, "no more birthday gifts for you!"  Problem solved. But... unfortunately I will miss the birthday present drama:) 


Just another little hang out with my girls at our favourite stop. Starbucks.  Hot Chocolate for them and coffee for me.  A little book reading at times or just some giggles and talk.  I love these coffee dates and sure would love to include more of them into my schedule.


You would have thought my Aunt Francine and I had called each other to coordinate our outfits:) 


My first climb up Mt. Thom in almost 2 years!  And what a change. Gone were the nice woody trails and replaced was a nicely groomed pathways.  Perfect for the winter rainy season but will definitely not be my first choice for most of my trail runs in the future.  The one unchanged thing was the amazing view at the peak. After my climb with my new morning trail run partner, Tracy, I found myself very disappointed with my loss of endurance.  But the upside is, I have lots of room to get faster:)

An afternoon of cookie making for the kidlets and Silke.  It was so nice to come home from work to trays of sugar cookies just waiting to be decorated.  I think the boys had enough interest in decorating just one cookie each.  Then off they snuck, cookie in hand leaving Peyton and Silke with the balance of a sea of cookies. Wow did I admire Peytons diligence!  She did not quit until every cookie was decorated.  Even Silke was sick of cookie decorating by that point. 



Mommy's chair usually sits empty.  It seems I rarely get to sit down long enough to enjoy it.  But when I do, I feel a deep sense of well-being and a little wisp of regret at how busy times are these days.  I'm guessing Peyton took this picture.  Pretty good I must say.  


Peyton and Ava enjoying some 'homework' time on the floor. Silly Peyton chooses the hardwood floor while cutie patootie Ava chooses a nice plush spot on the area rug.  


November seems like so long ago.  And I can't even remember all the many events that happened.  So grateful for the invention of camera phones to help capture these little moments as they happen:)

No comments: