Sunday, May 25, 2014

Scrapping The Weekend Away

At some point, Jeremy and I thought it would be a good idea for him to plan a weekend trip to Alberta.  Just a short weekend.  Over 10 hours of driving each way.  In a small car, and with his mom.  And I would not be along for the ride.

It all sounded good at the time, and then the reality hit me last weekend after just a 4 hour drive to Loon Lake.  I was close to losing my insanity after the squabbling of my lovely but feisty two children.  It was then that I thought to myself, what a terrible idea!  I won't even be there to keep the peace!  

As the weekend came nearer, I packed the best I could to keep kids full of good snacks, movies and reading material.  All those things in separate 'packs' so no sharing would be necessary.  Anything to avoid a breakout in yelling or tears. 

With a hug and kiss, and many reminders to not fight, I got them off on their crazy little weekend getaway.  Keeping my fingers crossed it would be fantastic.  Then... I headed off on my own little weekend getaway with a group of crafty ladies.

Lots of laughter, eating, creating and very little sleep was what the weekend entailed.  I even managed to catch up on a number of my favorite TV shows in between interesting conversations.  The range of topics were enlightening and some were never meant to be shared with the outside world:)

Two days later, I haven't heard from my family, other than a short text announcing their arrival at the final destination.  I am sure hoping that this is a sign of a great trip!  








2 comments:

Martin and Wieska said...

Great to 'see' you back here :)

Unknown said...

great to finally be back. I have enjoyed all your updates as well:)