Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lego Hockey Night

Cayden introduced a new form of hockey to our family last night.  Lego hockey.  He made 4 Lego hockey sticks, one for each of us. (Of course he requested me to be on his team) He also made 2 Lego hockey nets and a Lego man’s head  was the puck. 

It was actually quite fun.  Although we need to work out how to strengthen our sticks.  It seems that they are a little need a little engineering. When we wind up for and take a slap shot, the blade flies off on impact with the ‘puck’ just like in the NHL.  Cayden has made a few attempts at re-engineering, but hasn’t yet perfected it.

With great exuberance, he flung my door open this morning and shouted, “Come on mommy.  It’s time to play hockey!”  I looked at my clock,  and mumbled, “It’s not wake-up time yet.  We’ll play later. Go back to bed for awhile.” I rolled over, and quietly hoped that  he’d crawl back into bed for a little longer.

Nope. Didn’t happen.  It was only a few minutes later that he came to inform me that he had woken Ivan up so that he could play hockey with us.  Uh, oh.  I’m thinking that Ivan wasn’t quite ready for the early morning wake-up call either.

I finally had no choice but to drag myself out of bed and play a short round of Lego hockey with him.  It was tough to do, but so worth it.  I continue to have to remind myself that times like this will end, and that I need to put aside my preferences and take hold of every one of these precious moments.

DSC02522 DSC02519 DSC02521

After a great day together, it was time to say goodnight.  Cayden tucked his little animals into the cat bed under a blanket.  Spots got his own bed on top of the stool, with his blanket.  And Cayden fell fast asleep with a sweet little innocent look of contentment on his face.

DSC02530 DSC02528 DSC02532

signature[2][3]

No comments: